Wednesday, November 01, 2006

maybe far but not long now...

I cant wait to finish 7 more days at work. My contract ends and then yippppeeee!! I fly to India. Time somehow is ticking awfully slowly at work ever since my travel dates got confirmed. And its dreadfully boring too.
I cant wait for Nov 16th.
I cant wait to hug mum and dad. Am emotional already.
I cant wait to go home…to my sanctuary, my room…
To roam around the streets where I grew up
To catch up with friends and chat and laugh
To fight with big bro
To visit the darshinis and the jola man
To smell the wet earth (hope it rains)
To smell the dry leaves and hear the crunch when they are walked over
To eat mum’s food
To drive our good old maruti (hope I still can)
To have lychee with vanilla ice cream at corner house
To smell Indian currency
To shop for my brother’s wedding
To just laze around watching TV…oh the Bollywood stuff!
To lose myself in all that home has to offer

Tere paas hi main aa raha hoon
Apni baahein khol de
Zor se mujhko gale laga le
Mujhko phir voh pyaar de
Tu hi zindagi hai, tu hi meri mohabbat hai
Tere hi pairon mein jannat hai
Tu hi dil, tu jaan, oh maa
Maa tujhe salaam, maa tujhe salaam
Amma tujhe salaam, maa tujhe salaam

2 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger Deeps said...

Luckkkkkkkky you :). Have fun!! How I wish I could go now :(.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Soumya said...

I can feel ur excitement in ur post...Am so happy for u...Finally, the time has come...
I'm even happier that our travel plans overlap and we can meet in B'lore...Have loads of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home