Monday, July 10, 2006

confessions!

there is a pile of unblogged blogs. there are a lot of unfinished drafts. but before i get around to post them, i've been tagged by shiv to blog on my confessions! i quite like the idea and the topic ;) so here goes...

guilty pleasures:
well, they are pleasures...why be guilty?! but these have to be listed -
- screaming and shouting when big bro bullied me or attempted to and getting him punished...this dates back in 'the sibling growing up' history to atleast 10 years...so trust me, not so bad anymore!
- just being lazy, sleeping very late and getting up very late...but they say i am a workaholic...hic hic!
- shopping on window shopping trips, the urge to splurge
- hungry jacks veggie burger when hungry on the way home from work
- corner house vanilla icecream with litchis & ofcourse their DBC or HCF small, gosh do i miss them or WHAT?!
- dominos/pizza hut veggie pizza - the ONLY variety for veggies here in Aus :( but i still dig it
- nutty chocolates/doritos

things i cant forget:
gosh! there are too many things to mention. life has been so eventful!
- my first lessons in music by my aunt and a music teacher in the neighbourhood
- the way chix illlustrated algebra when i gave up on it and boo hoooed - he stood as zero and walked 2 steps behind to show me what negative numbers meant; the following counselling sessions
- mahila mandali years with five findouters, secret seven
- the day of the SSLC result
- tears in thatha's eyes hearing it and mum so jubilant!
- the VHS days: cycling to school, the singing, reciting bhagavad gita in inter school fests, learning book binding & typing, lunching with girlfriends, nicknaming the boys & teachers and ofcourse the mammoth studying for the finals with course material by 'excellent' tutorials
- the BBM days at Jain college: the movies, VVpuram idlis/bhelpuris/jolas, the adventure trips funded by the college to nataraja gurukula in kanakapura, first hand experience of crushes
- first trip to mangalore with chix & all cousins and the trips later to manipal/mangalore to meet my cousin...chats with her / sleep overs with her and other girlfriends and all the girly talks ;)
- my Udaya/Ushe TV VJing days
- celebration of all the habbas with the yummy food, NEW CLOTHES and visiting relatives
- the first glorious year on my first job; all the outstation campaigns to hyderabad, chennai, mangalore, calcutta, the responsiblity of travelling and hiring alone! the kick of it!
- watching KSBKBT with mum after a long day's work and mum bringing me food during the ad breaks while i sat glued to the TV
- all the late night soulful talks with dad
- compering pandit shiv kumar sharma's concert and pandit ravishankar's concert, both at chowdiah...the excitement, the sheer size of the events and the butterflies in my belly!
- the first 'arranged' meeting with my husband ravi and the subsequent ones in the ONE hurried week before the engagement and the REALITY SHOCK before the engagement! oh bitter sweet!
- the day i arrived in sydney

unforgettable dishes:
- mum's everything esp. jamoon, rave idli
- ajji's bendekai gojju
- doddamma's halbai
- kaunt's chocolate burfi
- ravi's pineapple gojju! and oven baked aloo! his veg biriyani...his this and that...yes, he is a master chef. think i am lucky?! i think so too...
- my jeera rice and yellow dal, badam kulfi, basundi (sorry had to mention myself)
- UD's masaldose, Dwarkabhavan's set dose, roadside gaadis' masala puris, gandhi bazar jola with green chutney
- biryani with mirch ka salan in hyderabad
- gadbad icecream in mangalore
- shantisagar crispy gobi manchurian

crushes:
hmmm reveal my secrets?! well, yes, nothing there to hide...
- sonu nigam
- hrithik roshan
- abhishek bachhan
- pandit shiv kumar sharma's son who performed with him at chowdiah...rahul or rohan was it?
- and then i grew up!!!

close brushes with death or danger:
havent had any

strangest dream:
cant remember any

preferable modes of suicide:
not in my strangest dream...no way!

favourite characters:
- rajesh khanna in anand
- dustin hoffman in rain man
- tom hanks in forrest gump...man he was awesome
- aamir, saif and akshaye in DCH
- julia roberts in pretty woman, erin brokovich
- madhuri in devdas
- keira knightley - liz of pride and prejudice
- hugh grant in 9 months, sense & sensibility
- tom and jerry, donald duck, chip n dale
- julia andrews in sound of music
- leonardo dicaprio in the aviator
- hillary swank in the million dollar baby
- russell crowe in gladiator, the beautiful mind and the cinderella man
- so many more...

there u go...i have confessed ;) should i be feeling less of a sinner now?!
i tag vishnu, soumya, deepthi

8 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Deeps said...

The first thing I did was scroll down to who you have tagged and go "Oh No!! Not me!!" when I saw my name :-p. :(.

Well, now I'll read your favs..

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Shubha said...

>>deepthi, sorry...no compulsion there. feel free not to follow the tag!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Sin said...

Wow! That was good. You've gotta update your blog more often. :)

SSLC Results!! I remember that day very clearly. And those VHS days were awesome. :)

I miss the habbas with habbada adige and new clotes and of course the afternoon siesta.

Bendekayi Gojju!! Slurrpp! VV Puram was the best! And did you know Dwaraka Bhavan is closed now? Che! I'll miss their set dose. I love Vidhyarthi Bhavan masala dose and MTR Rave Idli. :D

Lol! Did you know Raju Ananthaswamy was in NCJ? I think you missed him by a couple of years. ;)

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Deeps said...

Hey no probs :). But gimme time, I'll do whenever I can :).

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Shubha said...

thanx truth fairy! many things in common there eh? VVPuram - oh u name it and u can get it there even in the middle of the night! dwarka bhavan - good news...heard that it is reopening near 7th cross NRColony! thats closer home too! yup missed RA in NCJ, he was way too senior i guess. neway, those were the girly, sissy and silly days of crushes.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Soumya said...

Great to read this post shubha, kind of took me back in time...I took so long to comment, I'm afraid I'll take longer to honour the tag...The topic is very interesting though, I may have some things common (favourite characters)...
Oh!!Koi lautade mere beete hue din...

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger direkishore said...

Huttu habbada haardika shubhashayagalu :)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Shubha said...

shiv>> dhanyavaadagalu! read your posts...hope you are feeling better now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home