Friday, September 29, 2006

little longings

Back rubs by daddy, talk to him as a buddy
Fighting with big bro oh! with what fun did we grow
Mommy's good food with all her pamperings
These are a few of my most missed things

Brahmin's bar idly & Dwarka's dose treat
DVG road jola, V Vpuram food street
Dinners at dhabas, those lovely evenings
These are a few of my most missed things

Driving around town, my mobile ever ringing

Shopping till dropping and not multiplying (by 30!)
Desi clothes, handicraft fairs, late nights and mornings

These are a few of my most missed things

My cosy room which I kept ever messy
Those carefree days with no responsibility
Dear family and friends and all those weddings
These are a few of my most missed things


Based on the song "My favourite things" from The Sound of Music.

5 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Deeps said...

I was humming to the song as I read your poem :). Beutifully written, and its multiply by 45 in my case :-D.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Deeps said...

BTW you have been tagged to write a post on eight unknown facts about yourself here :).

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Teshu said...

Hmmm... DVG road jola? Are you from Davangere... or you mean the jola from DV Gundappa road...
Nicely written but am sure there are dozens of other things that you miss too :)
Bumped into your blog while looking for Amrithadhare song stuff and thought I would drop a line. Keep writing and not so intermittently please :)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Soumya said...

Oh!! I feel exactly the same way...So many things that are missed, sigh!!
Like Deeps said, I was humming to the song too, when I read it...

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Shubha said...

deeps>> thanx! yes, 45 in your case :( i saw the tag, will take a while...my mind is sorta blank now!

teshu>> welcome! i meant DV gundappa road, this particular jola guy stands at the corner of mahila bangle stores and sells the world's best roasted jola! yes, you are absolutely right...there are millions of other things i miss. thank u, its my wish too to write more often, hope i can.

soum>> hehe, its a beautiful song. only solace is we get to go to india once in a while and experience all that is missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home