Friday, May 05, 2006

To blog or not to blog

that is the question. i have wondered about it for a while now. this is a predicament, a little devil in my head which pops up each time i write something and i want to post it. the answer is yes and no.

yes, because there is so much to write about, so much to share, so much to admire in life and so much to learn. after guru introduced me to the world of blogging nearly 2 years ago, i began posting blogs. i was a regularly irregular blogger. though few and far inbetween, these blogs somehow ignited a lot of excitement in me. the prospect of being online, publishing my thoughts was indeed a heady feeling. i got hooked on. it was a world i could spend hours in. it felt extra special when my friends left nice comments behind. they encouraged me, motivated me. i was particularly heartened to note that i had regular readers too in guru & soumya.

it is crazy how blogging gets to you. all that happens around me is seen with a blogging eye! the events, the people, the places - they keep getting written mentally, words swell up. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...

and no, because (sigh)...thats a long story. myriad things make me muse about them and inspire me to write. and write i do, but never get around to publish them. i would write on bits and pieces of scraps and leave them lying around at home. i would scream if anyone touched them or read them. they were sacred. they were private. they were meant to be read and re-read (only by me), edited and re-edited and when deemed fit - they were meant to be posted online. now this process could easily take months on end to finish! i still have those scraps. imagine the backlog that has piled up. i thought writing on paper and then posting it online is a waste of time. so i stopped writing, hoping that i will get online and post a blog direct online. but this wasnt to be! i mulled over my thoughts, chewed on the cud, slept on it, couldnt sleep on it (as some nights the blog fever was high!). the final result - same as before - no new blogs :(

off late i began to analyse about what is it that is holding me back. two things struck me. first, i wait for a fine piece, for a spark of brilliance maybe and often lose the vigour of the moment. it will then be too late to publish. it would have lost charm. second, i get too conscious. i am quite insecure when it comes to criticism - call it "constructive" or by any other positive name. what if someone finds this blog a waste of time? how will people react? what will they comment? i know this is my blog and not meant to please anyone but me. but i cant help those thoughts...

it is now time to get over all this. i have been reading blogs of deepthi and vanditha. i am tremendously inspired. it was time for a fresh beginning. i thought a brand new avatara, a new entry might help. so, here i am on blogger.com. will link my old blog here till i figure out a better way to publish it.

quote of the day: the great consolation in life is to say what one thinks - voltaire

song of the day: here i am, this is me - bryan adams

PS: the fine print! i borrow this style of closing from the blogs of my friends featured here. hope the authors pardon the plagiarism!

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Soumya said...

And here i was wondering where did ur blog disappear...I checked ur old blog and got the message that it has been deleted...I was going to write u an email...Glad that I found u here...Glad that ure back...
It's so true whatever u have written...I've had the same thoughts a thousand times and I haven't even started blogging yet...I don't know when I'll finally get to it...
Good luck & take care...

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Shubha said...

soumii! sorry, i meant to mail u with the details of the new blog. the old blog still exists, just changed the URL. u have started blogging in a way - u have an account for yourself on blogger! thats the first and most important step. i struggled to create an account with the login names i wanted. so fire away dear, just punch the keys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home